IIEBM was established in the year 2000 by Shrimant Vijaysinh Naik Nimbalkar Alias Shivajiraje, scion of the ruling family of Phaltan, District Satara and Col. Vinod Marwaha, a visionary, entrepreneur and philanthropist.
Education in the pre-merger era in the State of Phaltan, was provided by the Royal Family. After the merger of erstwhile princely states with the mainstream government, the staff of the State of Phaltan was transferred to the Government.
Shrimant Malojiraje Naik Nimbalkar, erstwhile ruler of Phaltan State, established the “Phaltan Education Society” in 1951.
Thereafter, The Phaltan Education Society received strong support from Shrimant Vijaysinh Naik Nimbalkar, who was a firm believer in the cause of education and made it grow by leaps and bounds to its present status.
Shrimant Ramraje Pratapsinh Naik Nimbalkar, Member of the Legislative Council (was in Cabinet of Maharashtra Government, 1999-2014) is currently President of The Phaltan Education Society and Shrimant Sanjeevraje V. Naik Nimbalkar, Vice Chairman – Zilla Parishad, Satara (Chairman of Govind Milk & Milk Products, Pvt. Ltd., Phaltan) is the Secretary of The Phaltan Education Society. Both are also the Patrons of IIEBM, Indus Business School, Pune.
As all Institutions of The Phaltan Education Society were based out of Phaltan, Shrimant Vijaysinh Naik Nimbalkar and Col. Vinod Marwaha decided to establish IIEBM in Pune to afford students from Phaltan region and wards of defense families better corporate exposure and interaction, along with affordable, quality and value based Management education.
Their dream bore fruit when the first batch graduated in the year 2002, and was successfully placed in Indian and multinational companies.
Since then there has been no looking back, and IIEBM has grown to its present stature, and will continue to grow, as we continue to increase our competitiveness, both locally and nationally.
IIEBM is further reinforcing to its commitment to quality, affordable and value based education by launching a School adjacent to its present campus in the name of Indus Academy on 1st January 2015..